comet in drag

Discussion in 'General Maverick/Comet' started by mxman, Jun 15, 2002.

1. mxman

mxman New Member

Vehicle:
    74 comet
    I found a guy at my school lookin to dump his car and its a 72 - 74 comet 4 door c4 302... a friend and i are basically going to make a drag car outta it...since its like 2nd lightest v8 full sized tranny and rearend cars out there...plus all my ford buddies can get me parts for cheap im assuming from what i see that a 72 comet 4dr... 2827lbs or so... should be the same weight as a 74..their all the same body essentially...this is a fugly sky blue with oxidized paint and some rust .. im thinkin of paying $600 usd
    is this too much for hte car? Basically what i want to do is strip it and race, we are considering swapping in a 302 (perhaps ho) efi...t5 and some other go fast goodies... what i want to know is how much does this car weigh, what a good price is...and also what are some of the key things i should look for (canadian winter driven car) so there may be rust (well of course there is some) Thanks! =)

2. mavman

mavman Member

Vehicle:
    '75 Maverick, '03 super duty, '04 Mustang Vee-six!
    sounds neat. But I think that the 4 dr cars are a bit heavier than their 2 door cousins, but that's not a big deal. I remember looking at the specs on dad's Fairmont, thought it would weigh a ton, but it only weighed 2626 from the factory.....and now it's got all the interior gone, along with every other unnecessary part. I figure it weighs around 2500 with the cage and Edelbrock-headed 302. If you can get it, go for it...I think Gapp & Rousch used to run a 4 dr maverick way back, but that was before my time. I think It'd be cool.

3. 19FordMav72

19FordMav72 Guest

oh yeah

why yes there was a drag car four doorin fact ill look for a picture

4. mxman

mxman New Member

Vehicle:
    74 comet
    its a 76...i found out no biggie...
    www.mxman.gq.nu/comet/ is what she looks like
    i got in a car accident so i guess the comet idea is outta the picture...200 usd later haha stupid intrepid bumpers are huge
    (i hit it in my warpath jetta )

5. Rick Book

Rick Book Member

Vehicle:
    Missing my old '70 Maverick