Parts from other Fords that work on a Maverick

Discussion in 'General Maverick/Comet' started by Maverick Man, Apr 1, 2005.

1. Maverick Man

Maverick Man The Original Maverick Man

Vehicle:
    Two 1973 LDO Mavericks (one 4 Drag one 4 driving like Mad on the roads :) ) also have a 75 6cyl Stock! Ok, well sort of Stock :P
    i thought this would be something neat info to have for people here on the boards.

wasn't to sure if this would be on the interchangeable posts but i figure since its so broad i'd post it here.

so what parts from other Fords that work on a Maverick have you used and what did you thought that was the same and didn’t work.

let see for example some part from other fords that work are:

1. dome lights, turn signal levers and door window cranks on mavericks are kinda universal on ford cars 69 to 79 I’m guessing

2. front shocks form 1965-1970 mustang or 67-70 cougar would fit a Maverick.

an example of what part you thought would work or looked the same are:

interior door levers from fox body mustangs or ltds… they look the same as (I think) 73 and up Mavericks.. but they are not the same and don’t work.

or how about parts that are ford parts / ford motorsport parts that are acutally made by someone else like:

1. Ford motorsport 5" Tachs are made by Autometer (well cuz not only is it obvious but the instructions are the same as autometer)

2. Ford Motorsport high volume water pumps are made by GMB. (cuz i bought one and it said GMB on the pump shaft)

just make sure you back these claims up!

anyways i mean the list can go on and on and on but....

just thought I would be need to see what others have used with out modifying anything to make another ford part fit on their maverick.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2005
  2. Max Power

Max Power Vintage Ford Mafia

Vehicle:
    1977 Maverick, 1969 Mustang Sportsroof, 1970 Mustang Grande Project
    PINTO tailights!

That's for you, T.L....

;)

3. slowpoke

slowpoke New Member

Vehicle:
    74 comet 302/c4 coupe
    parts

mustangs plus has a list in thier catalog of the suspension parts that interchange with the comet/maverick

4. Country Mav

Country Mav Die-Hard Ford Guy!

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    72 2-door Maverick 308/C-4
    Really?? I'll hafta check that out. I think it's a good idea Mr. Derrick. I've been wanting to do that for awhile now. So come on folks, let's do it!! Preston

5. don graham

don graham MCG State Rep

Vehicle:
    70 mav, 71 grabber, 73 Comet, 2004 f-250 crew cab diesel, 2001 f-250, 2004 explorer, 2007 Gold Wing trike.
    the only thing i can think of offhand is the fuel pump block off plate, if your going to go to an electric pump, is the same as the big block chevy.:)

6. tim keck

tim keck truckdrivintrailertrash

Vehicle:
    '72 Comet, '75 Maverick, '85 F150 4x4 ,'93 F150,'75 F100,'77 Jeep Wagoneer,'91 Dodge D250 Cummins,'90 F150 xtra cab 4x4, '93 F150 4x4
    a 318 mopar oil filter will give you more clearance w/a 351w,it's shorter.

7. Mercurycruizers

Mercurycruizers David (Coop) Cooper

Vehicle:
    1973 LDO Comet GT Daily driver: 2008 Ford Taurus X SEL
    1969 Mach 1 rear spoiler fits just fine...Looks good also...

8. Maverick Man

Maverick Man The Original Maverick Man

Vehicle:
    Two 1973 LDO Mavericks (one 4 Drag one 4 driving like Mad on the roads :) ) also have a 75 6cyl Stock! Ok, well sort of Stock :P

yeah i thought it would be neet to see. also i didn't know that about the filter too... thats cool

yeah your right the mustangs plus catalog has lots of listings!

Also the sidemarker lights on a maverick are the same as a 70 mustang on the rear at least. not to sure about 71 or 72 mustang but seen a 70 mustang and it was the same fit. not to meantion the front grill lights on some mustangs not to sure on the years (69-73 i think) are the same for mavericks 73 and below.

74s and up maverick a a bit differant the 73 and below but i dont see why the mustangs ones woundn't work.

9. YotaRacer

YotaRacer Member

Vehicle:
    75 Grabber
    If you are worried about oil filter clearance toyota 20R,22R,22RE,22REC oil filter are interchangeable with the PH8A filter. Lots of mini stock racers use the PH8A filter vice stock for the additional size.

10. fanella

fanella New Member

Vehicle:
    Comet
    Hey guys I am out in California I have a 72 comet and want to convert it to a maverick front end . where can get the front end for that?

11. don graham

don graham MCG State Rep

Vehicle:
    70 mav, 71 grabber, 73 Comet, 2004 f-250 crew cab diesel, 2001 f-250, 2004 explorer, 2007 Gold Wing trike.
    welcome to the board. you need to ask about the parts for this in the parts wanted section. i'm sure someone on here has all the parts you need. :)

12. fanella

fanella New Member

Vehicle:
    Comet
    Hi there do you know where I can find some parts for a 1972 comet I want to
    convert the front end to a1972 maverick ? wont other years work for the 1972 like
    1973 or 1971 ? WANTED grill hood front fenders drivers side (should I get two matching the passenger fender is good thanks David fanella@earthlink.net

13. maverick75

maverick75 Gotta Love Mavs!

Vehicle:
    The mav is gone but i'm still here!
    :Welcome:
    all fenders will swap on....73 and up fenders will have to be notched a little.
    all year grills interchange
    2dr and 4dr hoods are the same

post an ad in the wanted section...or check out craigslist.com or ebay
    and Derrick(Maverick Man) sells Carbon fiber/Fiberglass hoods and spoilers.

PS:Check out those junkyards, i have yet to find a rusted fender or hood in the So-Cal ones.

14. kipp

kipp Member

Vehicle:
    74 maverick
    Derrick,

How about '69-70 Mustang front parking lights? They look the same as Mav ones, would help with small bumper conversions. I don't know if they fit, but an interchange (Hollander) manual I have lists them with the same base number as the maverick ones. Hopefully another member can verify.

15. ladyeclectic79

ladyeclectic79 Veni, vidi, vici

Vehicle:
    A '73 and a '70 Maverick
    It's one of the easiest swaps, just find yourself a Mav hood and grill and it's direct bolt on. You don't need to change anything else. There's one part on the hood latch that's connected to the front bumper (guys help me out on what that little bit is called!) that you need to remove to allow the grill to fit in there, but that's all you'd need to get it looking right. Some people say you'd need to change to a Mav front bumper too but my 73 Comet front bumper looks good with it (yeah I was surprised too), follows the shape well and such, so unless the other years are different or you just want continuity that's all you'd need. :)