A Maverick gets big respect today.....

Discussion in 'General Maverick/Comet' started by Streamliner, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Streetdeacon

Streetdeacon Streetdeacon

Vehicle:
    1977 Maverick 2dr.
    Very cool. :dance: Sounds good to me. :tiphat:

2. CONFUSED72

CONFUSED72 Member

Vehicle:
    1972 grabber
    hey guys i dont want to burst anyones bubble but lets not get carried away about what happend with this maverick at this auction. it really doesnt mean anything. you have 2 people who had way to much money and they wanted to show everyone who had the bigger balls. its the same as watching the barrett jackson auction. these auctions dont set the price for cars in the market unless you see several of the same car sell for the same money. in other words that maverick might have brought big money, but lets see 5 more go through the auction in the same condition and bring the same money. i thank not..... years ago LS6 chevelles were bringing over 100000.00 not just one but every one that went through auction. now you can buy one completly restored with documentation for 50000.00 and those are still highly collectible cars. dont get me wrong the maverick/comets are starting to bring higher dollars, but that doesnt mean that every maverick/comet is worth higher dollar money. there is always someone who will over pay for a car that he or she really wants. these people with clean six cylinder mavericks/comets wanting 9000.00 or more are out of thier mind. you might see one or 2 sell for big money but not the majority. that car that sold at that auction was not worth anywhere near the money it brought. in a few weeks the guy who won it will be pulling his hair out when he relises how much he over paid for it. i have seen it happen to guys at the auction time and time again.

3. Maverick Man

Maverick Man The Original Maverick Man

Vehicle:
    Two 1973 LDO Mavericks (one 4 Drag one 4 driving like Mad on the roads :) ) also have a 75 6cyl Stock! Ok, well sort of Stock :P
    wow i could have bought 3 mavericks just like them for the same price or maybe mine is just worth 75K lol!

4. Streamliner

Streamliner Member

It's got that psuedo "Eleanor" look with all the scoops. spoiler and hood...I'm a big mustang fan from way back when but those Eleanor mustangs are hideous to me

5. Streamliner

Streamliner Member

the owner thought it was worth about $11k since that was his reserve, so yeah, you're right....I did find it ironic that a few cars after the Mav crossed the block this big block Chevelle crossed and brought about the same price

http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_detail.cfm?LOT_ID=FL0112-120089&entryRow=108&lottype=

6. sportyfamilycar

sportyfamilycar ElMaverick

Vehicle:
    (2) 77' Mavericks
    the low ride height, low profile tires, coupled with that weird front valance makes me want to walk away :p

7. rickm

rickm Member

8. krelboyne

krelboyne Remember

That 'weird' valance is perfectly correct for a 1965 Shelby GT-350-R model.

The "R" was for 'Race', and those cars were specially constructed from the factory.

9. Resto

Resto Benders Evil Twin

Vehicle:
    73 Mav Buckets(69 351W, soon to be 408) Floorshift FXBDY AOD ,07 Glide,06 E250HA,01 Silverado
    I agree, The worst thing that ever happened to muscle cars is Barret Jackson. Auctions have driven the price of cars out of sight. Now everyone I try to buy a back yard beater to restore thinks its worth its wieght in gold.:mad:

10. Resto

Resto Benders Evil Twin

Vehicle:
    73 Mav Buckets(69 351W, soon to be 408) Floorshift FXBDY AOD ,07 Glide,06 E250HA,01 Silverado
    Probably very soon after the buyer sees some of our cars.LMAO

11. Joe Dirt

Joe Dirt BBF life

Vehicle:
    1970 ford torino #1
    I think what keeps the price down on these cars is the owners. I'm probly going to put mine on ebay in the next week or so.

12. facelessnumber

facelessnumber Drew Pittman

Vehicle:
    '71 Grabber
    To me the main thing with the Eleanor cars is that front end. The rest I'm ok with, or at least lukewarm. But from this angle, because of the front, that car looks like it just ate a telephone pole.

13. facelessnumber

facelessnumber Drew Pittman

Vehicle:
    '71 Grabber
    I've felt that way about it for a long time. But I guess if Mavericks really are about to start getting expensive, at least I've already got mine. And maybe it could finally mean repop Maverick parts...

14. predfan2001

predfan2001 David in Tn

Vehicle:
    70 Mav 75 Comet 64 Comet 68 Mustang
    Auction prices don't mean squat to me and don't set the true market. A 65 Shelby just sold at Barrett Jackson for $350,000 that was worth $65,000-$100,000 at the MOST. Barrett Jackson outright lied about the car being a "barn find" and about the history of the car. The car is rougher than they presented it....to the point it needs a partial or complete restoration.

Then the auction itself was a farce. The car was hyped up all week by Speed and Barrett Jackson. The car hit the block and was won by a "sponsor" of the Scottsdale event. Bidding was only let go on for about 45 seconds then the bids were abruptly cut off and the car rushed off the stage like it was on fire. The winning bidder was said to not even be making any motions to bid as if they ran it up to where they wanted and then cut it off.

15. cjtorinoman

cjtorinoman Member

Vehicle:
    71 Maverick 351c & 72 Comet LDO V8 A/C P/S
    Tim , nailed it on the head no way that would ever happen in the REAL WORLD a fool and his money are soon parted I followed CHIRTS car on ebay and was one of the top bidders it's a thousand times better than this one and never got close to that money proves my point 100% ...........