How to put Board Members on your "Ignore" List

Discussion in 'Site News, Feedback, Forum Suggestions and Help' started by Rick Book, May 30, 2006.

1. CometGT1974

CometGT1974 Gearhead

Vehicle:
    74 Comet GT
    Thanks Rick, I didn't know about the "ignore list" until this post. I already have one member on there and it works flawlessly!!:tiphat:

2. Hawkco

Hawkco Genuine Car Nut

Vehicle:
    77 Maverick
    Silly me thought I could get a point across by speaking in parables and analogies.:banghead:

I'm going to have to ignore this thread.:ignore:

3. Jamie Miles

Jamie Miles the road warrior

Vehicle:
    13 Mavericks
    Yea, so did I. :biglaugh: Apparently it dosen't work over the internet!

Last edited: Jun 1, 2006
  4. Maverick Guy

Maverick Guy Maverick Enthusiast

I do agree the atmosphere here is different than it used be, and has been that way for a while. I had been off the board for the while for personal reasons, and now I find myself just reading and trying to keep up on things, and posting less. I like what John B. said about discretion. The problem I see is people don't use much of it any more, and are qucik to fly off the handle. :(

I guess the saying that comes to my mind is "Better to quiet and thought a fool, than to say something and remove all doubt."

I guess for the rest of us, there is the "ignore list". :tiphat:

Just my :2cents:

I hestiated to even post this, when I would rather be reading and posting about the cars that brought all of us to begin with.

Happy Mavericking! :wave:

5. Jamie Miles

Jamie Miles the road warrior

Vehicle:
    13 Mavericks
    I don't understand this whole passive thing. The guy came here to do nothing but spew crap at the people who tried to do away with him. Ignoreing him and the people involved won't help anything and certainly won't foster the camaraderie people speak of. It's more like closeing your eyes, plugging your ears, and hopeing it will just go away... Maybe there are better ways to go about it, but I think everyone in those threads only had the boards best intrest at heart. The guy was personally threating people for gods sake. How the heck does ignoreing that and allowing it to go on help the atmosphere of this place improve? Stefan and the mods can't patrol this place 24/7, should we not at least try to police ourselves and act together against someone like that? I guess we were to hard on the poor innocent guy.

6. blugene

blugene Senior member Supporting Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    73 Comet GT, 72 Comet GT, 2008 "Comet" (our boxer)
    Some guys are just tooo soft. Now what's going to be said. Sheese:chillpill. People need to read what IS/WAS going on THEN say or not say something, especially those who consider themselfs a member. I would think a member would care for another member in regards to being riped off or threatened. I didn't come here to get either and some one tried to do just that. This person attacked US in general and it appears that some people just don't care. Do I need to start a poll asking if I have been out of line? I think some would say so and some would say no. Now i'm begining to question if wether I even want to come here. Maybe I should... Maybe I should.. Aww, forget it, The guys gone and so is my motivation to be here right now. Later

7. T.L.

T.L. Banned

Vehicle:
    '73 Maverick 2-door, V-8
    You guys need to stop ignoring me...

8. CornedBeef4.6L

CornedBeef4.6L no longer here

Vehicle:
    no longer here
    You are correct Jamie. I went crazy trying to read every single thread, every night for close to a year. I think people using the ignore button may be ignoring a bigger problem in their life and on this site. Which is, you don't have to agree with everybody else in life(nor they with you), but you do have to accept they are real and here. I have come to the conclusion that some people can not accept change nor like somebody else after they disagree with them in general. I just feel that if they are here to maverick ,regardless the fact they maybe less than perfect,I will be happy to listen and help them if I can. In the case of this moron"Panhandle Sam" well he is just wack and got the biggest Ignore button of them all. BANNED!!!!!!!!!!:evilsmile

9. ford84stepside

ford84stepside Lone Wolf

Vehicle:
    1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe
    Dang! I missed something again! :huh: I hate it when that happens!:evilsmile Not really, I hate to see it come down to name calling and bickering. Everybody has a opionin, and like bellybuttons, some of them stink.:D I just try to overlook the ones I don't agree with. One thing I've learned is that you can't argue with some people, [Not anyone in particlar, so don't think I'm singling anybody out }, they are just like wrestling a pig in the mud, you find out that they LIKE mud, and you're not going to make any head way with them no matter what you say.

If anybody is ignoring me, well you just don't know what you're missing :bs: , as a famous radio commentator who shall remain nameless for those that disagree with his values and principals "I'm just a harmless little loveable fuzzball":rofl2:

10. courier11sec

courier11sec Member

Vehicle:
    '72 2d to hold my trailer down with.
    I once ignored myself for a while. I was all by myself and thought I'd gone deaf.

11. Mavericknutt

Mavericknutt member

Vehicle:
    1971 maverick 2dr m2 front end coil over ladder bar rear suspension 472 ci. C-6 tranny
    Ray you crack me up........:rofl2:

12. 1972Grabber

1972Grabber Always Broke

Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick Grabber
    I think everyone needs a group hug :grouphug: :grouphug:

And those who are too manly for a group hug need to go get the required counseling that will allow them to be able to communicate with their fellow human beings without having their little, tiny, insignificant feelings hurt. :)

Jeesh. I hope this doesn't get me put on someones Ignore list. I need all the help I can get.

13. blugene

blugene Senior member Supporting Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    73 Comet GT, 72 Comet GT, 2008 "Comet" (our boxer)
    [​IMG] There you go...

14. 69 ina 1/2

69 ina 1/2 Fox body nut!!!

Vehicle:
    691/2 maverick (sold to Mad Goon), 89 mustang coupe, 89 mustang GT, Gas-guzzlin' 05 Ford f150

Hey, Gene. Where ya gettin all those cool emoticons?

15. Rick Book

Rick Book Member

Vehicle:
    Missing my old '70 Maverick
    Mouse over the icon, right click and check "properties" That'll tell you where the file is located.

In this case of [​IMG], the URL ([size=-1]Uniform Resource Locator) [/size]is:

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_2_80.gif

My good deed for the day. Now I can go to sleep. :tiphat: