Lots of Mav projects coming up...

Discussion in 'General Maverick/Comet' started by TerryH, Apr 8, 2024.

1. TerryH

TerryH Member Supporting Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    '70 Maverick Pro Touring. '78 King Cobra restomod.
    Taking a couple of weeks to get a bunch of projects done on the Maverick.

Biggest is swapping the Tremec TKO for the TKX. The TKO is just to tight in the '69.5 tunnel. Tremec says we are starving the front of the trans because we can't get it any higher than 5.1° down. The TKX should solve that without cutting the tunnel...I hope.

Moving the Lokar parking brake handle and installing the E-Stop electric parking brake actuator to run the Wilwood parking brakes to free up space in the tunnel for the driveshaft. Still trying to figure out where to put the unit. Not much room for anything under the car. Perhaps in the trunk. Perhaps on the back seat braces. Beats me at this point.

Installing 3 point seat belts. Still need to figure out the mounting for the retractor. Dread cutting a hole in the perfect headliner for the pivot.

Rerouting the fuel and brake lines to get them away from the tunnel. Still scratching my head on the route for this stuff also. The car has all RRS suspension including the 3 link rear with a torque arm so there's a bunch of stuff in the way.

Pulling the door and quarter glasses and getting all the glass tinted. Thankful for a friend that has a mobile tint business so he'll be doing it in my shop.

I'll be shooting some video of the processes so I'll post them on the YouTube channel as I get them edited.

[​IMG]IMG_6820 by TerryHatfield, on Flickr

Shorty likes this.