stripped servo bolt

Discussion in 'Transmissions' started by satchelmcqueen, Apr 8, 2024.

1. satchelmcqueen

satchelmcqueen Member

Vehicle:
    1970 Maverick
    so long story short the transmission guy i used to press a new pump bushing in apparently stripped one of my servo bolts and its seeping fluid. whats yalls best advice on fixing this?

gasket maker smeared to the outside isnt working

i can retap it myself, or use one of those kits that comes with new thread plugs. any advice?

edit: i asked him to look over the entire trans and reseal as needed and he did say the servos looked fine so i know he had it out. i asked if he replaced that cover gaskets and he said no as they looked fine. he didnt mention one was stripped. when i checked their tightness after i found the leak, 3 were tight and one spun freely.. really aggravates me..

i wont take it back to him as i also found when getting it home the shifter wouldnt shift correctly and just sat stuck in one place. had to fix that myself as well. he didnt set the tension arm spring on the selector tab so the clicking into place wasnt happening.

2. jasonwthompson

jasonwthompson Member

Vehicle:
    72 Comet
    Sucks to pay people to break your stuff. Maybe tap it and put in a stud instead of a bolt?

satchelmcqueen likes this.
  3. satchelmcqueen

satchelmcqueen Member

Vehicle:
    1970 Maverick
    yes sir. this will be my best option i think.