When I click "New Posts"...

Discussion in 'Site News, Feedback, Forum Suggestions and Help' started by RASelkirk, Mar 26, 2016.

1. RASelkirk

RASelkirk Retired!

Vehicle:
    Sonic Blue '72 w/LS-1, 200R4, 9" w/3.50
    The first click downloads a file called "Posts" to my 'puter. The second click opens the new posts window as it should have done the first time. When I open this posts file in notepad, it's all in html. Not sure why this just started happening yesterday? :huh:

2. Stefan

Stefan Big Cheese Administrator

Have you tried clearing your cache to see if this fixes the issue? Can you try an alternate browser?

3. RASelkirk

RASelkirk Retired!

Vehicle:
    Just went through all that with my "other" board problem. Clicked "new posts" today and it work fine? :huh: Wish I wasn't too old to learn Linux... :facepalm:

4. groberts101

groberts101 Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    1971 Comet GT
    not sure if it will help you here or not but I was having many "aw snap" issues with Chrome on this site. Tried everything and finally backed up all my favorites folder and uninstalled/reinstalled Chrome. Problems went away and might help you here if things go south for you again. Just tossing out some other ideas.

5. RASelkirk

RASelkirk Retired!

Vehicle:
    Latest FF (45.0.1) here. Did it again this morning, 1st click and it DL'ed "new posts". Second click actually opened "new posts" in the browser as it's supposed to...

6. groberts101

groberts101 Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    1971 Comet GT
    Just for the sake of trying to reproduce and help out.. I DL'd that same version and it doesn't act up at all on my computer. Hopefully Stefan can get you sorted out. Good luck with it.

7. RASelkirk

RASelkirk Retired!

Vehicle:
    Seems to be the story of this new Toshiba laptop, every strange occurrence has been hit or miss and totally unreproducible. I'm regretting buying it more every day...

8. groberts101

groberts101 Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    1971 Comet GT
    As a long time computer hotrodder, I hear you loud and clear there. They think we want every bell and whistle known to man installed from the factory and most of it ends up being useless buggy crap that just bogs the system down in the long run. For that reason I always back up hard drive/s and do fresh installs to clean it all up. More HD space and less background resources being hogged up.

You may want to go to consider using their website forum for more detailed assistance. You have to be a bit patient but they(tech's and experienced members) can be very helpful. Sometimes doing a local search of you particular problem will sort you right out. Stefan may have some other idea's here.

I know everyone has their favorites but have you tried installing another browser to see if it acts up like this?

Good luck with it!

9. Stefan

Stefan Big Cheese Administrator

Do you have any browser addons installed? Can you try with another browser?

10. RASelkirk

RASelkirk Retired!

Vehicle:
    I looked and found that over the years, I had installed about a dozen add-ons. Disabled all but a few that I use regularly. Didn't do "DL" this am, so time will tell. If this continues, I can try the built-in IE browser...

Stefan likes this.